Constituent Services

Input to Legislation, Assistance with State Agencies, Recommendations for Commendation

I look forward to hearing about your priorities for our community in the 42nd District and am eager to receive your input on legislation and recommendations for individuals and organizations that should be commended.

My staff and I are available to help you with state agencies such as the Virginia Department of Transportation, Virginia Department of Social Services, the Division of Motor Vehicles, or Department of Taxation.

Please contact my office at (804) 698-1042 or by email at, and we will follow-up with you.

Best, Kathy

Inclement Weather Resources

If you need any help or have questions about plowing or winter weather procedures, contact my office at (804) 698-1042 or email and we will follow up with you.

Hypothermia program

- You can find regional information regarding the Hypothermia Program by clicking here and choosing the location/center closest to you.


- You can check on road conditions by calling 511 or visiting A mobile app is available for download here.

- For real time GPS updates on road conditions and snow plows click here

- You can check updates and resources from Virginia's Department of Transportation in Northern Virginia here. You can follow VDOT on Twitter at @vadotnova.

- You can report road hazards or ask a question by calling (800) FOR ROADS (800 367 7623). You can also report problems here.


- You can reach Dominion Energy at (866) 366-4357 and see their outage map at here.

- Some constituents have medical conditions that require electricity to address their health care needs. If you are interested in learning more about being on Dominion’s Medical Condition List click here and sign up

- You can reach the Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC) at (888) 335-0500 or (703) 335-0500 and see their outage map here

- You can reach Washington Gas at (800) 752-7520 or (703) 750-1400.

- You can reach Columbia Gas at (800) 544-5606. 


- You can learn about changes in the status of Fairfax County Public Schools, including closure, delays, and cancellations, on Twitter at @FCPSnews (with blue checkmark). FCPS will also use email, text, website, other social media, and news stations to inform the public about status changes, but note that Twitter will be the first and fastest mode of communication for FCPS.

Other Resources


- You should call 911 if you are experiencing an emergency. You can reach the Fairfax County Police for non-emergencies at (703) 691-2131.


- You can access information about the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles here.

- You can reach the VDOT Fairfax County District Office at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (or (800) 367-7623).

fairfax county government

- You can reach Fairfax Water during business hours at (703) 698-5600. For after hours emergencies, call (703) 698-5613.  

- You can reach the Health Department at (703) 246-2411.

- You can reach Public Works Emergency at (703) 323-1211.

- You can reach Plumbing Inspections for Commercial Buildings at (703) 324-1910 and for Residential Buildings at (703) 631-5101.

- You can reach the Sanitary Sewer Back-ups and Line Maintenance office at (703) 250-2003.

- You can reach the Storm Drainage office at (703) 934-2800.

- You can reach the Trash Collection office at (703) 550-3481.

- You can reach the Recycling office at (703) 324-5230.

- For any and all other concerns, you can reach your Board of Supervisor. 

- Mount Vernon District, Supervisor Daniel G. Storck. Phone: (703) 780-7518 Email:

- Springfield District, Supervisor Pat Herrity. Phone: (703) 451-8873 Email: 

- Braddock District, Supervisor John Cook. Phone: (703) 425-9300 Email:


- You can access information about the Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) here. You can read about FCPS' weather cancellation policy here.


If you need any help or have questions, contact my office at (804) 698 1042 or email , and we will follow up with you.